Frequently Asked Questions
By the 28th of every month you will receive an invoiced bill for the following
Yes, if you pay in cash you will be given a written receipt for your records and this is
due on your first session of the month.
Yes, payment by bank transfer will be due by the 5 th of the month at the latest.
Please set the reference as ‘MFPT for … (name of child) …’
Barclays Sort code: 20-54-25
Account number: 6301 1607
You will have the choice to re-schedule the session or get the session fees
You will be given as much notice as possible.
- Please give a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel a session so you will not be charged.
- If you give less than 48 hours you will be charged for the session.
- Family life can be unpredictable, children can get poorly, work patterns can change etc. and as a new mum, I understand! So, wherever possible, I will do my best to try and accommodate and re-schedule your cancelled session so you do not miss out.
- Mrs Farley’s Primary Tuition will be open throughout every school holiday except the Christmas period.
- For a full list of Medway school holiday dates please see:
- You will be given as much notice as possible of any non-emergency closures.
- If you do not wish for your child to have tutoring sessions during the school holidays, please let me know before the invoice is due to you. For example, the October invoice (which includes the autumn half term) will be written in
- It is your responsibility to let me know of any holiday dates you cannot make.
- Unless I hear from you, you will be invoiced for all term times and holidays.
- Your time slot, agreed to at your initial consultation, is yours to keep until you ask to change it.
- You need to stick to your time slot. Example: Your time slot is Monday at 4-5pm. If you arrive late, your session will still finish at 5pm.
- If you are running late due to unforeseen circumstances and try to notify me, I will offer a 10 minute grace period at my discretion meaning your session will end 5.10pm.
- If this is a regular occurrence, I reserve the right to finish at your exact time slot due to the knock on effect that lateness will play on the other children.
- During school holidays, if you do not want tutoring, I reserve the right to book additional tutoring sessions during your time slot until the new school term starts.
- If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of Corona virus (persistent cough or sore throat, temperature or a loss in taste and smell) or you have recently been in contact with someone with these symptoms, please let me
know at your earliest convenience and we can discuss options.
- If you are self-isolating, I offer online sessions via Microsoft Teams as an alternative to face-to-face tutoring.
- If I need to self-isolate due to symptoms, I will adapt my tutoring for online via Microsoft Teams to start immediately.
- If I need to cancel, you will have the choice to re-schedule the session or get the session fees back.
- You will be given as much notice as possible.
- In the event of another lockdown, tutoring will proceed via Microsoft Teams.
- If you wish to leave Mrs Farley’s Primary Tuition you are asked to give one month’s notice.
- If you wish to increase or decrease your sessions you are asked to give a month’s notice.
- Equipment will be provided during our sessions however you are also allowed to bring your own if you wish.
- Each child I tutor will have an individualised lesson plan. Any planning or notes will be strictly private and confidential.
- The parent or carer is allowed to ask to see their child’s individual planning and can ask for a parent’s consultation at a time that is convenient.
- If you refer Mrs Farley’s Primary Tuition, you will receive a free session for everyone who signs up!
- I work on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis to anyone who joins. There is already a waiting list for specific terms due to testing and/or holidays. I will accommodate your preferences to the best of my ability and get you booked in a.s.a.p. The sooner you let me know your preferences, the sooner you will
be booked in.
- If I cannot accommodate your needs, I will do my best to help to the best of my ability. However, rudeness will not be tolerated. I reserve the right to remove you from the waiting list if I feel the need to.
- I send out regular updates via email, which usually contain Microsoft Word documents. Please keep an eye out as this is my preferred method of sending out important information to everyone at the same time.
- Some notices will require you to sign as proof that you have read and agreed to the content.